Connected Ink Event To Include Samsung, Montblanc, E Ink and Wacom
BERLIN — Sept. 5, 2016 — Wacom announced today its strategic plan to establish theDigital Stationery Consortium in October 2016. The objective of consortium is to establish digital ink as universal, open and smart content format by promoting and managing digital ink formats based on the Wacom Ink Layer Language (WILL™). WILL’s digital ink technology ensures cross-compatibility of ink data, allowing businesses and consumers to freely communicate and collaborate across digital devices, operating systems, hardware platforms and cloud services. WILL is a universal inking engine and ink layer frameworkthat connects hardware, software and applications.
“Unifying various digital stationery solutions under the WILL framework will reduce complexity and produce a richer user experience by creating a seamless digital ink experience across every mobile device and ecosystem,” said Masahiko Yamada, President & CEO of Wacom. “We received very positive feedback about launching this consortium while conducting our initial industry outreach at Connected Ink events in Las Vegas and Shanghai recently.”
Thought Leadership Event at Connected Ink, Berlin
Hosted by Wacom, the Connected Ink event in Berlin, Germany, on September 3, 2016, will gather leading industry advocates to present on recent developments in the digital ink and pen ecosystem. Connected Ink is the platform for industry leaders in hardware, software, cloud telecommunication and stationery to push ideas, technologies and mass market adaption around digital ink and pen.
Companies presenting and/or participating in the product showcase include: Samsung Electronics, Montblanc, Simplo GmbH and E Ink Corporation, as well as CenterDevice GmbH, Moka Studio and WeKast. Below is the list of presentations:
• “Samsung’s Strategic Vision for Digital Handwriting.” Keynote address by Peter Koo, senior vice president and head of technology strategy, Samsung
• “The Beauty of Handwriting in a Digital Space.” Felix Obschonka, associate director for new technologies, Montblanc
• “Novel Note-Taking Experience. Paper-like eNote.” Jim Chang, senior director, Strategic Integration Center, E Ink
• “Vision of the Creative World.” Masahiko Yamada, president and CEO, Wacom
• “WILL: Universal Ink for the 21st Century.” Heidi Wang, vice president, Portfolio Management and Technology Marketing, Wacom
• “Universal Pen Experience.” Nobu Ide, senior vice president, Technology Solutions, Wacom
Product Showcase includes:
• CenterDevice will provide a B2B eSignature technology.
• Moka Studio will demonstrate its “MoSketch” app
• WeKast will demonstrate a real-time collaboration leveraging the WILL digital ink technology.
A panel discussion exploring the future of digital ink is also planned and will include executives from Samsung, E Ink, CenterDevice and Wacom.